Did you know there are approximately 5000+ details that go into planning a wedding? Crazy, I know! With all of the details that need to be remembered, I thought I would share my list of top accessories that you need to pack for your big day!
Accessories for the Bride
The most important item on any bride’s shopping list is her wedding dress, but what else will you need to complete your bridal look?
• A veil, headpiece, or hair accessories to complement your gown
• Wedding shoes that are comfortable enough to dance the night away
• A clutch bag for wedding day essentials
• A jacket, shrug or cardigan to cover your shoulders in case it gets chilly
• Wedding jewelry to create that extra sparkle
• Your bridal garter for a little nod to tradition
• Bridal lingerie to add support and make you feel sexy on your special day
Accessories for the Groom
His wedding is a rare opportunity for the groom to dress to the nines, and accessories for the groom are designed to help him personalize his look.
• A pocket handkerchief to wipe away the tears of joy
• Some cufflinks to add a special touch to his outfit
• A tie, cravat, or bowtie, depending on the time of day
• A waistcoat or cummerbund if necessary
Accessories for the Wedding Party
The bride and groom aren’t the only members of the wedding that will need wedding accessories. Bridesmaids, ushers and both sets of parents will need some little extras to make it obvious that they are members of the wedding party.
• Bridesmaids’ jewelry as a thank you gift from you
• Bridesmaids’ hair accessories or tiaras to complete their look
• Bridesmaids’ shoes to complement their dresses
• Ties, waistcoats, and top hats for the ushers and fathers
• Boutonnieres for the male members and wrist corsages for the mothers
• Wedding ring bag or cushion for the best man or ring bearer
• A basket for your flower girl to carry down the aisle
Accessories for the Ceremony
The ceremony tends to be neglected when it comes to accessories and decorations, but a little thought and a few well-placed accessories can make your ceremony extra special.
• Confetti, rose petals, bubbles, or rice for guests to shower you with
• Programs so that guests can follow your wedding ceremony
• Lightly fragranced candles to add atmosphere to your vows
Wedding accessories for the reception
The wedding breakfast is the obvious time for reception accessories, and your tables will be covered with trinkets and little extras to make them unique and personal.
• Escort cards, place names and a seating plan to help your guests find their seats
• A wedding cake topper, knife, and stand, as well as cake boxes
• Table decor, table runners, candles and serviette rings
• Wine glass gems and colorful glassware
• Disposable cameras and videos for those classic wedding moments
I hope this helps! Remember, I give away LOTS of valuable freebies throughout the year, so make sure and SIGN UP HERE to get my newsletters, blog info, and free wedding advice!!